Cartridge Mounted Double Seal
This modular seal is ideal for the containment of hazardous process fluids. It’s flexible design allows use as a double seal (high pressure barrier fluid) or tandem seal (low pressure barrier fluid) which reduces the necessity to inventory two seal designs.
- Self-aligning stationary seal-faces with radial contacting pin drive which minimizes damage in stop / start applications and viscous fluids
- Bi-metal CDSA™ option also includes Exotic Alloy wetted components at minimum price premium for use with corrosive chemicals
- Hydraulically balanced seal-face technology for reduced power consumption
- Non-shaft-fretting sleeve elastomer and positive set screw shaft drive
- Independant seal face design to enhance safe containment of process fluid in the event of damage to any individual sealing element
- Multiple spring seal face loading
- Sizes available from 1.000” to 5.000” (24mm – 125mm) in standard and ANSI Plus gland formats larger sizes up to 12.000” (300mm) available on request
High Performance Sealing Solution
Containment of hazardous process fluids requires the use of a double seal. Concern over emission control, health and safety issues and adequate back–up protection, intensifies the need for careful specification of the sealing system. The corrosive nature of some hazardous liquids compounds the problem with the need for exotic “corrosion resistant” metallurgies.
The CDSA™ cartridge double mechanical seal forms the basis of the engineered sealing system. The standard seal unit is 316 Stainless Steel with Carbon, Tungsten Carbide and Silicon Carbide faces, available with Viton®, Aflas®, EPR and Kalrez® elastomers. This fundamental design is changed through modular component options to suit the requirements of the specific application.
Proven Design Features
The basic seal incorporates two proven design features that enhance leak–free performance; cartridge construction and self–aligning faces. Cartridge seals are assembled, pre–set at the factory and tested. This method has proven effective in reducing installation errors due to improper setting of spring compression, radial misalignment and damage to the seal faces from excessive handling.
The second proven design feature, self–aligning faces, ensures that both the inboard and outboard faces remain square (90º), to the rotating shaft. The unique “universal joint” concept means each face remains flat across a broad pressure range. Resistance to pin shear stress during operation is achieved with heavy duty radially mounted anti–rotation pins. A spring loaded internal rotary centrifuges solids away from the seal faces, resisting clogging from process fluids with a high solids content.